Are you a group of 2 to 5 friends who love cycling, music festivals and fun? Then this is for you!
Team up, put your cycling equipment together, work your body out before the show and start riding the joy and fun of spreading the word about an eco-friendly world by bicycle through Europe on your way to Electric Castle Festival in Romania.
Check out this year’s line-up and get into the vibe by watching the 2015 after-movie:
If you are:
a. residents of one of the following countries: Germany, France, UK, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece
b. experienced cyclists with proper equipment (bicycle, gear) for long journeys,
then we – MAINOI NGO – environmental responsibles for Electric Castle, invite you to be our ECO Ambassadors and fill in the application for your entire group here by April 27th. Update: Deadline extended until June 22th.
When starting the journey, you can either reach the starting point of the closest hub to your location, namely: Amsterdam, Paris, Vienna, Munich or propose another city.
Each group need to have an ECO Ambassador Leader, who will:
- lead the group of cyclists (2-6) from your country to Romania;
- plan the journey from your country’s starting point to Oradea (Romania). We recommend EuroVelo routes to reach Romania, but you are free to adapt them according to your group’s location.
- help us spread the call in your country to find the other cyclists who will complete your group. You can choose the members of your group. Anyone you know with a cycling record of one journey of at least the same distance that you would be riding together can join you.
- define the minimum technical requirements that the eco-ambassadors should meet to join the ride;
- be MAINOI’s and Electric Castle’s contact person;
- monitor the journey through the Strava app, send pictures and videos from the road;
- promote cycling as alternative means of transportation, love for Mother Nature and eco-friendliness at the festival.
What do you get in return?
- ECO Ambassadors will receive free entrance and free camping at the festival.
- Eco Ambassadors Leaders receive the ECO Ambassador title, which means free entrance at Electric Castle Festival, free camping spot, and other festival goodies, such as meals, coffee and drinks;
- The ECO Ambassador Leader also gets a camera to capture all the wonderful and funny moments from the journey. Take good care of it, because it can be all yours after completing the journey;
- we are waiting for you and the other groups at the Romanian border to travel together the last 350 km (Romania does not have cycling lanes, so you will find this incentive very helpful).
The Eco-Ambassadors Campaign 2016 is an initiative of MAINOI Association and Electric Castle Festival to promote cycling as alternative means of transportation and to spread the word about the shift we all need to make towards a carbon-emission free lifestyle.
Last year 12 ECO Ambassadors joined our CO2 Footprint Reduction Program, by riding their bicycles to the Banffy Castle from more than 250 km. It turned out to be a beautiful collective experience, so this year we decided to dig deeper and reach out to nature lovers and adventure seekers throughout Europe.
We are looking forward to meeting you, Eco Ambassadors Leaders! We are the people!