Are you a bicycle passionate, an explorer who loves music festivals?
Read carefully below because this just might be the best idea for how to spend your summer vacation!
We are looking for cyclists who want to ride their bicycles in a great adventure through Europe to reach the final destination, the Banffy Castle in Transylvania, on July 14th. This is the place where the magical 4th edition of Electric Castle Festival takes place. Check out this year’s line-up and get into the vibe by watching the 2015 after-movie:
If you are:
(1) a resident of France, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria or Hungary, and
(2) a cyclist with good equipment (bicycle, gear) and at least two long cycling journeys already undertaken,
then we – MAINOI NGO – environmental responsibles for Electric Castle, invite you to be our ECO Ambassador Leader, to spread the word of an eco-friendly world throughout Europe.
What do you do as an ECO Ambassador Leader?
- lead the group of cyclists (5-6) from your country to Romania;
- plan the journey from your country’s starting point to Arad (Romania). We suggest Paris / Amsterdam/ Munich /Vienna / Budapest as starting points and recommend EuroVelo routes to reach Romania, but you are free to adapt them according to your group’s location.
- help us spread the call in your country to find the other cyclists who will complete your group. You can choose the members of your group. Anyone you know with a cycling record of one journey of at least the same distance that you would be riding together can join you.
- define the minimum technical requirements that the eco-ambassadors should meet to join the ride;
- be MAINOI’s and Electric Castle’s contact person;
- monitor the journey through the Strava app, send pictures and videos from the road;
- promote cycling as alternative means of transportation, love for Mother Nature and eco-friendliness at the festival.
What do you get in return?
- you receive the ECO Ambassador title, which means free entrance at Electric Castle Festival, free camping spot, and other festival goodies, such as meals, coffee and drinks;
- you receive a camera to capture all the wonderful and funny moments from the journey. Take good care of it, because it can be all yours after completing the journey;
- we are waiting for you and the other groups at the Romanian border to travel together the last 350 km (Romania does not have cycling lanes, so you will find this incentive very helpful).
If you want to join this summer’s Eco-Cycling-Journey, you can apply here by March 25th. Update: we have extended the application date until 31st of March.
In the beginning of April, we will also be launching the call for the ECO Ambassadors, who will complete the groups coordinated by the ECO Ambassadors Leaders. There will be ca. 25 seats available for the Eco-Ambassadors, travelling in groups of 6, with one leader per group. The ECO Ambassadors will receive free entrance and free camping at the festival.
Cyclists from Germany, France, UK, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece can apply, but, upon selection, they need to reach the closest hub to their location when starting the journey (Paris / Amsterdam/ Munich /Vienna / Budapest). Stay tuned for details!
The Eco-Ambassadors Campaign 2016 is an initiative of MAINOI Association and Electric Castle Festival to promote cycling as alternative means of transportation and to spread the word about the shift we all need to make towards a carbon-emission free lifestyle.
Last year 12 ECO Ambassadors joined our CO2 Footprint Reduction Program, by riding their bicycles to the Banffy Castle from more than 250 km. It turned out to be a beautiful collective experience, so this year we decided to dig deeper and reach out to nature lovers and adventure seekers throughout Europe.
We are looking forward to meeting you, Eco Ambassadors Leaders! We are the people!